COMM-ORG upgrade update

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Jul 3 23:42:00 CDT 2001

Hi COMM-ORG.  I just want to keep you up to date on
upgrades here, especially if students are using the list server
or web site.

You have probably noticed that the COMM-ORG messages
have new header information.  For those of you using old e-
mail packages, or packages incompatible with the latest
Internet e-mail standards, you are seeing a bunch of
gobbledygook at the beginning of messages.  Hopefully, you
can make out from the gobbledygook that those are actually e-
mail links to subscribe, unsubscribe and get help about the
list.  For those of you with e-mail packages supporting the
latest standards, like Pegasus mail, you only see one link,
and when you click on it you get a window with buttons to
sub, unsub, and get help.  Sorry for those of you who get all
the gobbledygook.  As far as I know, there is nothing I can do
about that.

I will be doing more hardware upgrades over the 4th of July, so
COMM-ORG will be down for part (hopefully only part) of that
day.  That should be the last major upgrade and the rest will
be further individual software grades that you will only notice if
something goes wrong.

Thanks for your patience and for the messages of support.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor
randy at comm-org.utoledo.edu