query: consensus organizing

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon May 29 21:47:14 CDT 2000

[ed:  those of you with knowledge of the literature, either pro or con, on
consensus organizing, may be able to help with Joy's query.]

From: jensenjj at SLU.EDU

I am preparing for an interdisciplinary course on housing and neighborhood
issues, and community organizing. Does anyone know of a citation for
consensus organzing as a community organization model? Gitell and Vidal
refer to it in their COMMUNITY ORGANZING: BUILDING SOCIAL CAPITAL AS A
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY (1998). I would be interested in some specific
literature on consensus organizing, if possible. Thanks in advance for
any help anyone can give me.

Joy Jensen
jensenjj at slu.edu

[ed:  the Consensus Organizing Institute is linked from the COMM-ORG "CO
Groups and Networks" page.]