query: welfare reform

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed May 24 16:27:16 CDT 2000

[ed:  Thanks to Ellen for responding to Oliver's LA welfare reform query.]

From: "Ellen Winn" <ew204 at columbia.edu>

To Oliver Standke and the List:

You might try the web site of the organization where I work, The Research
Forum on Children, Families, and the New Federalism.  www.researchforum.org

The Research Forum on Children, Families, and the New Federalism was created
in January 1997 to facilitate the development of rigorous, policy relevant
research about the effects of the new federalism on poor and vulnerable
populations. The Forum is directed by Barbara B. Blum and hosted by the
National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP), Columbia School of Public
Health.

To this end, the Research Forum maintains an on-line database of welfare
reform research projects (www.researchforum.org) including a wide range of
large- and small-scale projects.  The site contains an "Add-A-Project"
feature, so researchers can submit information about their projects.
Currently the database contains 47 reviewed (large-scale) and 122 unreviewed
(small-scale) projects relating to welfare reform.  With 41 projects taking
place in CA.  The database in searchable on a number of variable and we have
recently added a multi-level search that allows you to execute quite narrow
searches.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any further questions and we
would love you to add your research project to our database.

Thanks, Ellen
P.S.  I enjoy this list quite a bit, this is the first opportunity I've had
to post.

___________________________________
Ellen Winn
Program Coordinator
Research Forum on Children, Families, and the New Federalism
National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP)
154 Haven Avenue
New York, NY 10032
Telephone:  212.304.7132
Fax:  212.544.4200