anti-capitalist organizing

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon May 1 10:47:06 CDT 2000

[ed:  fascinating reading here but, as Larry mentions, get it now before it
rotates off.  And if anyone can follow-up on the London demonstration,
please send us reports.]

From: Larry Yates <lyates at chej.org>

Randy

While looking for something else, I came across an article in the London
Times by a reporter who infiltrated preparations for today's Mayday
activities in London, as well as some other related articles. I don't
see the Times as a reliable source of info, but I do think its coverage
speaks to the internationalizing awareness of direct action on corporate
globalization. I suggest you give folks the URL today if possible --
newspaper Websites tend to rotate articles off.

www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/Sunday-Times/frontpage.html

[ed:  you may also be able to get to the article by using:
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2000/04/30/stirevnws02002.html
and may also be interested in another article at
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2000/04/30/stirevnws01001.html ]

Larry
--
Larry Yates
Organizer
lyates at chej.org
For information on PCBs, go to
http://www.ipen.org/pcb_workinggroup.htm
The Center for Health, Environment and Justice was founded in 1981 by
Lois Marie Gibbs, leader of the Love Canal effort. CHEJ assists local
people to become empowered to protect their communities from
environmental threats. We are supported in part by our membership. If
you are interested in joining or contributing to CHEJ, membership dues
are $30 per year. You'll receive our quarterly magazine, Everyone's
Backyard.