query: organizer salaries

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Apr 30 15:12:40 CDT 2000

[ed: thanks to Betty and Larry for replies to Linda's organizer
salary query. What are organizers in other places making?]
From: Betty Robinson <BettyR at CPHAbaltimore.org>
Baltimore range from $ 22,000 to about $30,000 with the 3-5 year experienced
person up at the top. (This also depends on the organization) I think our
cost of living and wages are a little lower than Chicago or NY. Of course,
I think organizers are worth much more -- as are staff at non-profits who
have similar salary concerns. (Benefits are about 25% -- health, dental,
retirement contribution after 3 years).
Betty Garman Robinson bettyr at cphabaltimore.org
*****************************
From: Larry Yates <lyates at chej.org>
On any question having to do with what/how organizers get paid, I would
contact the National Organizers Alliance. (www.noacentral.org/)
--
Larry Yates
Organizer
lyates at chej.org
For information on PCBs, go to
http://www.ipen.org/pcb_workinggroup.htm
The Center for Health, Environment and Justice was founded in 1981 by
Lois Marie Gibbs, leader of the Love Canal effort. CHEJ assists local
people to become empowered to protect their communities from
environmental threats. We are supported in part by our membership. If
you are interested in joining or contributing to CHEJ, membership dues
are $30 per year. You'll receive our quarterly magazine, Everyone's
Backyard.