query: organizer salaries

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Apr 27 22:32:14 CDT 2000

[ed:  please copy comm-org with your responses to Linda's salary query as I
think it would be interesting and perhaps useful to compare notes.]

From: Linda Bosma <bosma at epi.umn.edu>

I'm wondering if any of you in larger cities can help me out with some salary
information. We are trying to put a budget together for a project proposal a
few years away. Are there any of you willing to share some information on
salary ranges for experienced (3 - 5 years) community organizers in areas such
as Chicago or other large cities, to help us put together some realistic
budget
ideas (and pay staff what they're worth?). I appreciate any help any of you
can give me! (This would be full time work, and with benefits.)
Linda Bosmabosma at epi.umn.edu