query: gentrification

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Apr 25 22:39:04 CDT 2000

[ed:  here is a correction from Loomis on the gentrification reference he
provided.]

Loom: loomis mayfield <loomis at uic.edu>

I mis-remembered the report on Portland, Oregon, gentrification I referred
to in an earlier post.

The correct reference is:

"Displacement: Dismantling of a Community"  A study commissioned by the
Coalition for a Livable Future, Sept., 1999

For more info on this report, please contact the Coaliton in Portland at
clf at friends.org or 503-294-2889

I do not have a listing for their web site, if it exists.

-- loomis mayfield

PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBERS AS OF MARCH 31:

Loomis Mayfield                 Direct:  312-355-3231

Research Assistant Professor    Fax:      312-413-8095

College of Urban Planning

     and Public Affairs (M/C 348)

University of Illinois at Chicago

412 S. Peoria