query: family resource centers

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Apr 11 11:22:18 CDT 2000

[ed:  thanks to Avani for more Family Resource Center info for Roberto's
query.]

From: InavaTima at aol.com

     My name is Avani Shah and I am a social work intern at a Family Resource
Center in Alabama. It is a part of eight Resource Centers in our state. They
are very successful here. Operating on a philosophy of empowering clients,
the center is able to assist all age groups and income classes. We provide
GED, parenting, prenatal, project literacy, budgeting, and computer classes.
Area agencies come to the center to make assessments for health, legal
services, and counseling. Partnerships with schools and other agencies
enhance referrals and access to resources for many. Even tutoring is provided
for the children. It is a one-stop shop for people in need of services. You
may learn more about the operation of Family Resource Centers by contacting
205-462-1000.