job: outreach associate

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Apr 5 22:17:40 CDT 2000

From: "Tom Murphy" <tcmurphy at bread.org>

Local Church Outreach Associate will promote local church involvement in
Bread for the World. Candidate must have leadership and public speaking
skills; excellent writing and verbal skills; ability to travel 8-10 weeks a
year. Knowledge of, and experience with congregation-based organizing
experience is a plus. Knowledge of international and U.S. hunger issues and
politics.

Bread for the World is a Christian voice for ending hunger in the new
century. Bread for the World's 44,000 members lobby their senators and
representatives about legislation that affects hungry people in the United
States and worldwide. We do not provide direct relief or development
assistance. Rather, we focus on using the power we have as citizens in a
democracy to support policies that address the root causes of hunger and
poverty.

Bread for the World is a nonpartisan organization. Bread for the World is
the largest grassroots advocacy network on hunger issues.

Competitive salary & Benefits package.
Tom Murphy Bread For The World Church Relations 1100 Wayne Avenue Suite
1000 Silver Spring, MD 20910 (301)608-2400 x.242