About the COMM-ORG List-Serve
Motto: "Every Message a Wanted Message"
Information about "colist"
The e-mail list, with over 1000 members across more than a dozen nations, is moderated by Randy Stoecker (click here to learn about Randy). I want this list to be personal, relevant, and efficient. Consequently, there is sometimes a delay of a few days in sending out posts. You can help me a lot by observing the following guidelines:
1. Please do not subscribe colist to other lists. Feel welcomed to send messages advertising the availability of other lists.
2. Please custom-design your messages for colist (click here to learn about the COMM-ORG mission). It is also helpful if you do not send discussion messages to colist while simultaneously sending them to numerous other recipients (if people "respond to all" in your message they may not know they are also sending their message to the list).
3. Please do not send copyrighted material, or forwarded messages, unless you have permission from the original source or sender. Feel welcomed to send web addresses for copyrighted or other material. You can also use the "e-mail this article" link provided by many of the corporate news web sites.
4. Please send only plain text e-mail messages. The list software cannot accommodate attached files, graphics, or formatted text. In addition, the threat of viruses in such things is too great to take the risk, and many people still do not have hardware and software that can handle such things. Feel welcomed to send those files to email@example.com and I can post them on the COMM-ORG web site for downloading.
5. Please identify yourself in messages and feel welcomed to send a message introducing yourself if you are a new subscriber. List membership is private, so your identity and e-mail address will not be revealed except through messages you might send or the actions of a particularly ingenious hacker :-).